Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2000

[sharechat] Bret: AQL concerns will be acted on

From: frank <frank.fernandez@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 09:33:18 +1300

Bret,
Thanks for your note. I am also on holiday but just taking some time out
to file this posting. I do not wish to dwell on the issue of AQL except
to say that I have responded to Ritchie Marr's "Call for AQL questions"
and we have agreed to work together to analyse all the available
information and formulate a strategy as far as
1. The shareholders meeting on 9 March is concerned (which Ritchie will
be attending and will be asking all the pertinent questions that need to
be answered by AQL directors)
2. The information we have pertaining to AQL and a certain sharebroking
firm which, if the information and evidence we have accumulated (or will
accumulate over the next week) warrants an official "Please investigate"
submission to the Securities Commission.
It is obvious, for reasons of confidentiality, that Ritchie and I do not
release publicly at this stage any information we may have that could
forewarn the parties concerned. I am sure we will be in a better
position to report after the AQL shareholders meeting this Thursday 9
March, and in the meantime, I would ask that anyone wanting to offer any
extra information or to raise any further concerns (not already
mentioned on Sharechat) to contact Ritchie or me directly.
I would also like to mention that similar to any big family, we often
have our squabbles or litle spats on Sharechat, but on occasions like
this, it is good to see us working together to champion the rights of
the small investor and are not afraid to take on the giants of the
business world. Ben Dutton, congratulations on providing a vehicle to
allow us to do this.

Cheers,

Frank

p.s. As far as all the unusual present trading on AQL is concerned, I
can only suggest that investors read the item on Spectrum sent in by
David Thompson and decide for themselves whether there could be a
similarity in the AQL case.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] DFM practice Jane Holland