Tuesday 10th November 2020
|Text too small?|
Synlait Milk Limited (“Synlait” or the "Company”) (SML.NZX/SM1.ASX) today announced an equity raising (“Equity Raising”) via an approximately $180 million underwritten placement at a fixed price of NZ$5.10 per share (“Placement”) and a $20 million underwritten share purchase plan (“Share Purchase Plan” or “SPP”).
Proceeds from the Equity Raising will support Synlait to:
• Complete the investment phase of its strategy including the customisation of Synlait Pokeno and Auckland for processing and packaging equipment to service its new multinational customer.
• Strengthen its balance sheet to:
• provide more financial headroom as it navigates COVID-19, which is having an unpredictable impact on the stability of its current and future earnings; and
• create capacity to deliver on its purpose: Doing Milk Differently For A Healthier World.
FY21 Guidance Update
• Synlait now expects consumer-packaged infant formula volumes to be lower than FY20, with softer demand in HY21 than previously expected as our key customer resets its own inventory levels.
• Synlait still expects volumes to increase in the second half of FY21 once stocks have cleared, however we are expecting our HY21 NPAT result to be significantly lower than HY20.
• Against this, we now expect to be at or slightly below the FY20 NPAT result for FY21 as Synlait continues to focus on optimising its assets and manufacturing efficiencies.
• This guidance is subject to the unpredictable effects of COVID-19, with consumer behaviour, channel dynamics and supply chain disruptions all subject to change. further update will be provided at Synlait’s half year result in March 2021.
• A further update will be provided at Synlait’s half year result in March 2021.
See the links below for more details:
Source: Synlait Milk Limited
No comments yet
Good Spirits Hospitality Limited (NZX: GSH) Half Year Results to 31 Dec 2020
NZ Automotive Investments Limited (NZX: NZA) FY21 Earnings Guidance
T&G Global Limited (NZX: TGG) 2020 Full Year Results
Vista Group International Limited (NZX: VGL) Vista Group in the Box Seat for the Future of Movies
Private Land and Property Fund (NZX: PLP) Change in Harvest Estimates
Allied Farmers Limited (NZX: ALF) FY21 Half Year Report
New Zealand Rural Land Company Limited (NZX: NZL) Interim Report to 31 December 2020
Seeka Limited (NZX: SEK) Announces its 31 December 2020 Result
Evolve Education Group Limited (NZX: EVO) Announces Results for Year Ended 31 December 2020
Port of Tauranga Limited (NZX: POT) Reports Improved Profits