|
Friday 11th March 2011 |
Text too small? |
Millennium & Copthorne Hotels New Zealand said its Copthorne Hotel Christchurch City property is still being assessed and it cannot confirm reports that it will be demolished after being damaged in the magnitude 6.3 earthquake in the city on February 22.
The hotel was formerly known as Copthorne Hotel Christchurch Durham Street. It had been deemed unsafe for occupation.
The company had been in talks with Civil Defence Emergency Management (CDEM) and the building had been stabilised pending further engineering investigations.
"Millennium & Copthorne is presently unable to comment on reports that demolition is required as CDEM is still assessing the situation," the company said.
It also said that its Millennium Hotel Christchurch had been cleared for re-entry once cordons were lifted and its Copthorne Hotel Christchurch Central property had been issued with a restricted use notice. The hotel was in the cordoned area and a more detailed structural inspection was yet to be completed.
The Copthorne Hotel Commodore Christchurch Airport hotel had not been affected.
Millennium & Copthorne Hotels New Zealand was listed on the New Zealand stock exchange and is 70.2% owned by global hotel operator Millennium & Copthorne Hotels plc.
NZPA
No comments yet
EROAD Appoints New Director Progressing Board Renewal
OCA delivered record full year result
BLT - Strong revenue and underlying earnings growth
MFB - Food Bag reports full year profitability up 5.3%
TWR - Tower reports strong HY earnings
IPL - FY26 Annual Results
May 21st Morning Report
May 20th Morning Report
May 19th Morning Report
PYS - PaySauce to announce F26 full year results on 27 May 2026