Thursday 9th August 2012 |
Text too small? |
The High Court has relaxed a freezing order over NZF Group's assets as the troubled financial services firm battles with the receiver of its failed lending unit.
Judge Rodney Hansen granted NZF Group's application giving it access to cash reserves with seeking the receiver's consent, which will let it meet permitted expenses provided those reserves don't fall below $1.3 million, the firm said in a statement.
"The difficulties of managing the business of NZF Group with the freezing orders in place were highlighted to the court," the company said. "The judgment also noted the significant level of costs being incurred by NZF Group in order to defend the receiver's proceeding."
In April, KordaMentha, the receiver for NZF Money, filed proceedings against the parent and its directors who presided over a restructure in 2010 as it sought to claw back funds for investors owed about $16.4 million.
It had previously won an extension on the freezing order, saying there was a risk the $3 million cash buffer may vanish before NZF Money could make a claim.
NZF Group is also subject to a Serious Fraud Office investigation relating to transactions dating back to 2006.
The shares last traded on May 15 at 0.3 cents apiece, valuing the firm at just $330,000.
BusinessDesk.co.nz
No comments yet
POT Financial Results for the year to 30 June 2025
MOVE FY25 Results for the year ended 30 June 2025
BPG - Completion of Retail Offer
Comvita releases results for the year ended 30 June 2025
August 29th Morning Report
Air New Zealand announces 2025 financial result
August 28th Morning Report
VSL - 2025 date of Annual Meeting of shareholders
WIN - Winton announces FY25 Annual Results
Meridian Energy Limited 2025 Full Year Financial Results