Friday 9th March 2018 |
Text too small? |
The administrators of Meccano 2016, which went into voluntary administration in February, said they had been unable to secure a buyer for the business and they will now wind down the menswear business.
"We now move to the next phase of administration, which is to sell down all stock through the current store network," said administrator Neale Jackson from KordaMentha
All stock, including new season styles, is discounted by between 40 percent and 70 percent for sale. Jackson said that seven stores remain open, four in Auckland, two in Hamiton and one in Christchurch.
In a press release in February announcing the voluntary administration, Meccano 2016 director Vere Sharma said "despite an enormous amount of effort from hard-working staff, Meccano was unable to adapt fast enough to what has been a trying time for many mall-based retailers."
Meccano joins a line of retailers struggling to make a traditional bricks-and-mortar model work when online rivals avoid the overhead of a high street site and are accused of skirting customs duties that traditional vendors face.
(BusinessDesk)
No comments yet
POT Financial Results for the year to 30 June 2025
MOVE FY25 Results for the year ended 30 June 2025
BPG - Completion of Retail Offer
Comvita releases results for the year ended 30 June 2025
August 29th Morning Report
Air New Zealand announces 2025 financial result
August 28th Morning Report
VSL - 2025 date of Annual Meeting of shareholders
WIN - Winton announces FY25 Annual Results
Meridian Energy Limited 2025 Full Year Financial Results