Thursday 23rd July 2020
|Text too small?|
• Cavalier to transform to an all-wool and natural fibres business.
• Funding options are currently being evaluated and will be communicated to shareholders.
• Financial benefits of the transformation strategy and return to profitable growth expected from FY23 onwards, following an initial 12 to 24 months of investment, with full benefits expected from FY25 onwards.
• Trading in June 2020 was stronger than anticipated, particularly in wool sales, following a year on year reduction in sales volumes in March, April and May due to the impact of COVID-19. Bank debt and inventory levels are at historical lows.
• An Investor Presentation has been provided with this announcement and an Investor Call will be held on Friday 24 July at 3.00pm when management will discuss the new strategy.
New Zealand wool and carpet company, Cavalier Corporation Limited (NZX: CAV ) has today unveiled a new transformational strategy that firmly positions the company with an all-wool and natural fibres business model.
Cavalier has always believed that wool is the best fibre for carpet and it is considered a global leader in the design and manufacturer of high quality, beautiful woollen flooring and woollen yarn.
Cavalier’s vision is to become a leader in designing and creating desirable, sustainable, safe and high performing natural interior solutions. The company will be building on its expertise to grow the business, create desirable products for customers using natural materials and add value for shareholders. While the focus will initially be on woollen carpets and rugs, Cavalier will also be seeking out other adjacencies and partnerships where it can leverage its design and manufacturing capabilities and the value of the Cavalier Bremworth brand to create new product categories.
With support from independent advisers and industry experts, Cavalier has undertaken an in-depth review of its business and opportunities. The company has identified a valuable and growing trend from consumers seeking high quality, natural and sustainable products in their homes and believes it is strongly positioned to meet this demand.
As a believer in and supporter of natural fibres, Cavalier is beginning a journey to create a better place in the world, designing products that are desirable, sustainable, high performing and safe for customers. In line with this, over the next nine to twelve months, the company will be transitioning away from the manufacture and supply of synthetic fibre carpets, which it believes has negative impacts on people’s health and the planet, with existing synthetic stocks to be sold down.
Cavalier’s growth will be driven by four strategic pathways:
• Grow the wool flooring market
• Grow Cavalier’s share of the market
• Expand Cavalier’s presence
• Innovation and Future Thinking
No comments yet
FY20 results guidance met, Results date, Banking Facility
Sky sells OSB assets to NEP NZ, secures 10 year partnership
NZX fully operational - announcement re COVID-19
Heartland Market Update
Steel & Tube Fy20 Trading Update
Further Contract Win Strengthens Scott Technology’s Position In Mining Sector
New Talisman - Chairman’s Address to AGM 2020 August 6, 2020
T&G reports its 2020 Interim Results
TruScreen strengthens its market presence in central and eastern Europe
Refining NZ announces non-cash impairment