Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2004

Re: [sharechat] Gold Chart

From: "Baa Baa" <baa_baa@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 22:15:04 +0000

FWIW, IMO the -only- reason to be in gold or silver (or any precious metal,
or commodity) is because of the fundamentals. Here's a reasonable list to
work through. http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials2.html

The preferred modus oprandi is "accumulation on weakness". The -method- to
pick points of accumulation is chart analysis, or TA. These are the
indicators required to interpret favourable price action for buys, or the
occassional sell if things get ahead of themselves. Trading gold, the metals
or the stocks requires acute chart analysis skills. IMO, fundamentals are
the reason, technicals are the looking glass.

I suggest strongly that any technical analysis be done using charts in your
home currency, (the currency you intend to acquire metals in). There is
little point in TA'ing the USPOG chart if you're spending Kiwi$. Here's the
Kiwi$POG for example. http://quote.yahoo.com/m5?s=XAU&t=NZD&a=1&c=3 One can
clearly see the forex effect creates substantially differing acquisition
opportunities and timings. In terms of accumulation, the Kiwi$ buyer is IMO,
presented with the ultimate suppressed price action for sustained
accumulation.

I guess it depends a lot on people horizons. Start with the fundamentals to
set perspective, then analyse those charts to determine ST & MT trading
opportunities.

All the best,
BAA

>From: hugh webber <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
>To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
>Subject: Re: [sharechat] Gold Chart
>Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 07:53:53 +1200
>
>So, its a matter of choice (a feeling in the seat of your pants or
>elsewhere) rather than science
>how you analyse the graph....and you don't know until after its all
>happened which choice was the
>accurate one.
>I can't understand why you guys just don't toss this rubbish in and use far
>more useful fundamental
>analysis and hard facts.

>To remove yourself from this list, please use the form at
>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/chat/forum/

Watch movie trailers online with the Xtra Broadband Channel
http://xtra.co.nz/broadband

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Risk vs Return tennyson@caverock.net.nz