Re: [sharechat] INL - Intec

From: "Cristine Kerr" <criskerr@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:47:14 +1000

Re Recent Announcements:

Through Intec's release dated 14 May, Intec presented data on the efficiency of the Intec process in terms of extracting various metals from the Hellyer tailings dam.

Extractions (through Brookvale Sydney demo plant) were achieved using Intec's patented polymetallic processes. Have a read through the data in the doc dated 14 May. This data will attract major mining interest in the purchase or licensing of Intec's polymetallic processes.

Why? Intec's IRGP is more cost effective than bacterial leaching, and Intec's processes overall (generally) are more cost-effective that what is currently available, eg; copper process is more cost-effective and produces copper dendrites as opposed to copper cathodes which results in a finer quality end-product.

In Australia, for Intec to produce on a large scale (i.e. process and sell all of Hellyer's approx A$1.608 billion in-situ metals and any other tailings dams Intec can get their hands on such as the recent 17th May announcement re acquisition of Zeehan slag dump around A$118 million), Intec needs to build a much larger plant capable of larger
capacity throughput.

Intec will probably want to build another demo plant closer to the action at Hellyer in Tasmania, especially as Zeehan is also nearby OR Intec may decide to apply full throttle and target building a full-scale Intec Polymetallic Processing Plant at Hellyer or elsewhere OR Intec may decide to do both.

I don't see them personally taking the process overseas and expect they will sell or licence the process to interested international parties.

Regards,
Cris

PS Tailings Dams: Essentially; tailings dams consist of various metals left behind after mining companies have dug and processed the metal/s they were targeting whilst on site. There are a large number of tailings dams throughout the world.