Re: [sharechat] What to do with WRI cash

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 12:38:50 +1200

Hi Karyn,

>Hi Snoopy
>
>I bought WRI for the high yield, but then they cut the dividend,

FY2003:  Dividend= 3.5c + 8c= 11.5c
FY2004:  Dividend (Proj)= 2.5c+ 6c+ 3c= 11.5c

The 3c special dividend WRI are projecting actually restores the
dividend to the same as last year.  WRI should have enough
imputation credits on the books to make the whole dividend imputed
too.

> The fall from
> $1.45 to $1.20 meant I lost capital, whereas getting out at $1.50
> preserves it, rather than watching it hit the skids again.

Norgate is only offering to buy some of your shares at $1.50.  Not all.
It's a partial takeover.

>On the
>other hand, PGG, RNS and FPA share prices have moved up
significantly
>over the past few months and maintained or increased their
dividends.

But have they increased their yield?    If the share prices have
advanced I suspect probably not.

> I see Norgate's strategy is for WRI to become an international player
> - this usually spells the kiss of death for a kiwi company :-)

Do you have a reference for that?    I haven't seen Noragte commit to
anything on paper as to what he is going to do.

SNOOPY

--
Message sent by Snoopy
on Pegasus Mail version 4.02