Re: [sharechat] WRi battle warms up

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 23:24:37 +1200

Hi Harley,

>WRI  as I see it.  Norgate is rubbishing the company
>results but must see value there hence the  bid.

Very good.

>If the offer succeeds those who accept will not have all their
>shares bought but will be subject to a scaling process.
>Possibly 43% only.

I think it will be more than that because there will be several
shareholders who will not accept at all.

>Future dividends to shareholders will possibly only equal the
>preference shares interest.

Only nine or ten percent?    How are we shareholders going to survive
;-)

>Norgate gets $500,000 management
>fee per year from RPI plus whatever from Wrightsons.

Yes I wondered about that.   How is Alan Freeth worth 'only' $360,000
whereas Norgate is worth $500,000?   Who has the more skilled job?
Freeth managing WRI, or Norgate managing RPI?

> If the offer fails  will it be a good buying opportunity ?

Harley you are getting far too smart for your own good.
You weren't meant to tell the other sharechatters about that until we
had filled up *our* barrows with WRI shares remember?    Ah well, if
Norgate does throw the blocks out of the cot, there will be plenty of
shares for all.

SNOOPY

--
Message sent by Snoopy