Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2004

Re: [sharechat] Fundamentals Snoopy! and his Pups woody reply Goody bye!!!!!!!!!!

From: "Cristine Kerr" <criskerr@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 08:16:53 +1000

Hi Woody,

I have always held your posts in very high regard and your last post was no exception.

It was excellent - pioneering - and very brave - proposing the exploration of uncharted territory and encouraging everyone to broaden their horizons (think outside the box).

In a brain-storming session, participants are encouraged to 'think outside the box', take a non-judgemental perspective, and contribute both pros and cons in a positive manner.

In this way, new ideas that may have great merit are not squashed before they are considered in their entirety.

Your post reminded me of this, and as a life-long learner, I can say I was truly excited by your post, your pioneering spirit, and the prospect of exploring these possibilities through the ensuing exchanges.

Of course, to be effective - it helps to have more than one contribution so I can totally understand your recent response.

Also, there is some risk associated with proposing anything new and there is always some resistance (and rejection) of the unknown and of uncharted (please forgive the pun) territory.

There are some very knowledgeable and experienced people who contribute to this forum and I sincerely hope they re-weigh the possible benefits against the personal risk of derision through exploring something new, offer to contribute, and help you to reconsider, BUT; even if that doesn't happen, I still hold hope you will reconsider and stay - please?

Regards,
Cris