Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2004

Re: [sharechat] WRI, why now?

From: "Hans Van der Voorn" <vandervoorn@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 22:06:34 +1200

Snoopy,

Is it fair to say that as WRI is essentially completely ungeared and trades
on a low PE, the directors could easily increase the earnings and cash flow
per share (and RoE) by gearing up the company, via a share buyback or share
cancellation + capital return.

Presumably RPI would see that as a future option to mitigate their own
likely debt levels.

Personally I am happy to remain as a shareholder in the expectation that
this is likely to occur at some point in time.

Hans

disc: held WRI since they were 60c.