Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2004

RE: Re: [sharechat] MUL - MULTIEMEDIA PROFILE AS AT MARCH 31, 2004

From: "david.gibson" <david.gibson@k.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 12:36:48 +1200

Guys,

Last post on this - I promise.

As near as I can tell Optus have been running the MUL.ASX business model for
about 15 years now:

http://www.optusbusiness.com.au/00/01/0001p.asp?segment=1&category=39

If you like the business model - maybe an investment in Sing Tel is for you!

>Even if the revenue projections in the Findlay & Co report take twice as
long to achieve I think it would still be a good investment.

My concern is that the revenue projections may never be achieved.  Further,
the cost structures in achieving a defined revenue must be higher than the
entrenched competition.

What is Optus going to do?  Sit back and have a trivially capitalised
competitor eat their lunch?

I am left with the feeling that I am watching a Division preparing to "go
over the top" and charge the German machine guns in the opening battle of
the Somme.  I hope I am wrong - but my money has to be on the Germans.

Last post on this topic, from me - I promise.