[sharechat] Re: Livig by one' wits reply again barrel scraper

From: Barrel Scraper <scraperofbarrels@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:07:12 +1100 (EST)

I am truly sorry that you appear to have been somewhat offended by my post.
I think you miss the intent of the statement as I consider the word "poor" does not define effectively - with any stretch of the imagination - the circumstances you have described - I don't think there is a single word that could.

When I see an elderly couple walking down the street holding hands and sharing a joke, I think that they are "richer" or "wealthier" than I could ever be.
When Christ was beaten,crucified and left to die, did he wallow on the cross saying" I am so poor !!" or did he reside in the fact that he knew his father loved him and his life was serving a bigger meaning.

I certainly don't mean to trivialise your post or background woody - my heart goes out to all in the circumstances you describe - but if you still can't understand the intent behind my post then we will have to agree to disagree
And I remain in support of my fathers comment... where the quote came from I do not know !

Best Regards
Barrel Scraper

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Re: Livig by one' wits Cristine Kerr