Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2004

Re: [sharechat] attachments Malcolm

From: "Malcolm Cameron" <malharcameron@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:32:30 +1000

I have recieved other emails from Richard Hooper that have the dancing H but
not an attachment that has to be opened. If attachements work automatically
this will really open a can of worms with viruses.
Thanks Malcolm

>From: robin benson <rob@hammerheadmedia.co.uk>
>To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
>Subject: Re: [sharechat] attachments Malcolm
>Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:18:59 +0000
>
>On 30 Jan 2004, at 10:01, Malcolm Cameron wrote:
>
>>I have deleted 5 emails today from Richard  Hooper all with Attachments
>
>That's Hoop's "dancing H"!!
>
>I recently had a client who designed an Outlook Express template for
>outgoing emails. The background was their new logo, repeated endlessly in a
>grid. The text was in their corporate colours, with their signature in a
>three different fonts. It was a shambles. The text of their emails was hard
>to read because of the background, the colours, while ok in their logo,
>looked terrible when applied to text, making the whole process of reading
>what they had to say a real effort. Why did they do this? 1. Because they
>could. 2. Because their email client had these "features" highlighted by
>its developers, and 3. Because they thought (incorrectly, as they found
>out) that their clients would just love it.
>
>Regarding format for outgoing emails, I always recommend that people use
>plain text. Occasionally, bold is useful, but using *asterisks* is just as
>good an alternative for emphasis.
>
>No HTML. No fancy signature attachments. No colours. Just text. This means
>that attachments tend to be attached documents rather than fancy bits and
>pieces. Of course, if one is using a free online email facility, then this
>can sometimes be hard to achieve.
>
>Regards
>
>Robin

>To remove yourself from this list, please use the form at
>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/chat/forum/

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Gold and the Smoking Gun Brenda Fox