Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2004

Re: [sharechat] virus ex sharechat

From: robin benson <rob@hammerheadmedia.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:50:22 +0000

Hi Malcolm

Respectfully, the involvement of "experts" of any level of remuneration
provides no guarantee that your computer will not be compromised by a
virus, worm, or similar. Microsoft, for example, are considered by some
to be computer "experts", and they are certainly very highly paid. It
is their flawed design, IMO, that is part of the problem.

Further, even the best of virus scanning packages can fall foul of a
well-implemented attack if virus/exploit definitions have not been kept
up to date.

Regards

Robin