Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2004

[sharechat] reply to cristine re gold corp by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:43:54 +1300

Hi Cristine
                  I see the same pattern emerging with gold this time round, with fools rushing In with eyes wide shut.
Everybody took It for granted that their gold lump was In the vault, when In actual fact Only about 20pc In total was held.
The company went under when people started to panic and try to retreave their stake.        When the receivers opened the vault surprize surprize.       Lots of Innocent people lost their life savings.   His defense by memory was, he was only required to hold 20pc of actual gold similar to the way a bank holds money. I cant really remember If he served a jail sentence, but If he did It must have been a very short one.    He took to the air piloting hot air balloons, for a company the last recollection I have of his where abouts.
If you buy gold bury It somewhere safe dont have a man called smith place It In a vault especially If Its a JOHN SMITH.
                                                                     cheers macdunk
ps be warned history repeats