Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2004

[sharechat] hype,property,interes rates , and shares, reply by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:57:09 +1300

Hi Callum
              property beats shares.     Hows that for five cents worth?.    I bought a three bedroom brick and tile house In Auckland for $125000.at a mortgagee auction.     I rented It out to the housing corp of NZ on lease at $250 per week, who look after It, malicious damage If any Is there responsibility.     I sold It to my daughter who I was teaching business methods and systems for $14500
Exactly one year later she had the property valued at $220000.    It cost her $15000 deposit peter pays paul absolutely risk free
and look at the capital gain on her $15000.        Shares on the other hand are more fun buy and sell at a moments notice but It Is a brave person that borrows to buy shares.     There lies the difference.   With the very best company even the one Hoop talks about on and on and on {sorry Hoop} you still cant beat property.
                             cheers macdunk
ps HOOP OP beer Is better than Waikato
pps{other peoples}

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Brown Brothers - delish! Cristine Kerr