Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2004

Re: [sharechat] At what price in NZ$ would you consider Gold to be in abullmarket?

From: "Baa Baa" <baa_baa@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:43:22 +0000

Robin, yes, there's a typo. Is that what you mean? It should say "have
appreciated faster than the USD has depreciated against the NZD".

My point should be clear?

- Physical Gold in NZD is basically flat = accumulation opportunity
(assuming belief in the requirement to have a portion of capital vested in
precious metal).

- US Gold mining equities however have risen in price (in USD) faster than
the USD/NZD forex effect, hence profitable overall. (assuming picking the
right stocks).

Cheers
BAA

>From: robin benson <rob@hammerheadmedia.co.uk>
>To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
>Subject: Re: [sharechat] At what price in NZ$ would you consider Gold to be
>in a bullmarket?
>Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:11:19 +0000
>
>On 25 Jan 2004, at 21:22, Baa Baa wrote:
>
>>Nevertheless, gold has moved from $US255 to $US428 since 1991 so NZD
>>investors involved in the US equities have made good gains thus far as
>>they have appreciated faster than the NZD has depreciated against the kiwi
>
>Isn't something awry here, or am I being too pedantic?
>
>Regards
>
>Robin

>To remove yourself from this list, please use the form at
>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/chat/forum/

Find your perfect match @  http://personals.xtramsn.co.nz   with XtraMSN
Personals!

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] where are you snoopy and pheadrus by macdunk Cristine Kerr