Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2004

RE: [sharechat] Question for Baa Baa

From: "Baa Baa" <baa_baa@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 22:35:15 +0000

Allan,

Yes, I've read Bonners book.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471449733/102-7241681-5132911?v=glance

Try his Amazon link for some other reviews. This link too:
http://finance.jdwebpages.com/financial-reckoning-day.html

My take is; Bonner focuses on the various bubbles, their cause and effect,
and some leading indicators for future economic challenges, such as the
ageing populations. Bonner captures the essense of a situation.

The basic message is the same: We aren't exposed to bad news in the common
financial media, we don't like bad news, we have become financially
illiterate, we will get what we deserve; not what we want ... unless we wake
up and do something about it ourselves.

I see Bonner as more good reading to develop ones broader perspective of the
crushing economic & investment environment we finds ourselves amongst. This
is perhaps even more topical now as the USA attempts to save their own
economy by debasing the US$ aggresively through money and debt creation,
pitifully low interest rates. An extreme response causing extreme
volatility. This money finds its way into various investment classes. By
every fundamental and technical measure, the USA investment markets are more
dangerous now than at any time in history. Our challenge in NZ, imo, is to
accept that we are powerless as a country to substatively control our
economic destiny and we will be swept along in whatever outcome eventuates.

The challenge with Bonner and Prechter is getting past the 'problem' (which
can be utterly depressing), and moving to discover the 'opportunity' and an
appropriate 'response'.

Cheers
BAA

>From: "Allan Potts" <ajp7079@excite.com>
>To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
>Subject: [sharechat] Question for Baa Baa
>Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:42:21 -0500 (EST)
>

>Dear Baa Baa,
>
>Since you mention Prechter, I'm wondering whether you've read "Financial
>Reckoning Day", by William Bonner?  I haven't, but picked it up yesterday
>and hope to get to it sometime this week or next.
>
>If you've read it, I'd like your take.
>
>Allan

>Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

>To remove yourself from this list, please use the form at
>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/chat/forum/

Find your perfect match @  http://personals.xtramsn.co.nz   with XtraMSN
Personals!

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] ZYL - Zylotech ShareChat