Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2003

[sharechat] Cochlear COH price plunge

From: Tony <tony@ltdrisk.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:04:27 +1300

I have identified COH as a wonderful company and the price looked fair too
on last Thursday. This was verified by brokers and analysts in Aus(there are
some on the www.ETrade.com.au) as a bargain at 2900c.

Yesterday when I looked I saw the $7 plunge to 2190c and today it's even
lower, at 2090.

I wonder if this is an even better bargain and that MR MArket has over
reacted for the second time(same as WHS here in NZ).

The profit downgrades don't look that bad to me and the company has a
remarkably good record of high ROE. Am I missing something?

Anyone else done the numbers and care to comment?

tony