Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2003

[sharechat] Macdunks Great Idea!!!

From: "FLODEN, Evan" <600180@student.collegiate.school.nz>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:01:23 +1300

Well I ran the figure and I'm sorry to say Macdunk that it doesn't quite work
out for this one.
Based on the best odds I could find

NZ Win (Using Australian TAB) = $1.28
Australia Win (Using NZ TAB)  = $4.50

Using your ratio of 2:1  ($500 on Aus, 1000 on NZ) we get the figures:

If NZ win return = loss of $220
If Australia Win = gain of $750

This particular bet isn't quite workable but i'll try find an example that
maybe traders will gain on.

I have however figured a formula for which you can enter the best odds you can
find on both teams and it will work out firstly if it is proffitable, and then
at what ratio. If anyone is interested I am willing to post the excel sheet.

Also after all the talk about the gold etc, I am wondering if it really can be
as good as everyone saying it is eg. the fairshare website. When it come to
investing in gold stocks (on ASX), is there anything one must specially look
out for? and being a student I can handle allot of risk (I figure I've got at
least 60 years of trading ahead of me), so would only choosing a two or three
ASX gold stocks be acceptable?

Cheers,
Evan
This email has been scanned by MailMarshal on Europa