Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2003

[sharechat] FA Questions

From: "trader 100" <trader_100@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:42:23 +0000

Can someone please recommend a source of fundamental company data for ASX
stocks.  I have been using http://investor.ninemsn.com.au but they are
charging for their services.  I am aware of yahoo but some of their data is
out of date and inaccurate.

Being a technical trader I am still grappling with how to best complement my
system with FA.  I have read "What Works on Wall Street" and learnt a lot
for Phaedrus's comments in recent times but I still have questions.

It makes sense to me to select stocks based on FA and then trade them based
on TA (ie the Phaedrus approach) for certain TA systems.  For instance, if
you buy following the break of a downtrend line it makes sense to first
check that the company you are buying has good fundamentals and that there
is some justification for it breaking out of a downtrend.  In contrast, my
system is based around buying stocks in confirmed uptrends of greater than a
year.  I can't see how incorporating FA would iimprove this system.  For
instance, adding a fundemental filter would have removed many excellent
trading opportunities on the Nasdaq during 1999.

Comments anyone?

T100.

Surf the net and talk on the phone with Xtra Jetstream @
http://www.xtra.co.nz/products/0,,5803,00.html !

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] Past 12 Months - Percentage Facts David & Jill Stevenson