Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2003

[sharechat] DPC ( patting my own back)

From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 23:25:15 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)

Hi Chatters
As most of my portfolio was in DPC ( pre-warrants)., I am still celebrating since beginning September . I hope that most of you got on board then,as I wrote rampantly about it then. ( I put my money where my mouth was)

A quote from me re 23 Sept 2003. (80% of my portfolio was in DPC at that time ..went from 12 companies down to 3)

The facts .......DPC being a small stock usually gets forgotten, hence $1 around 2001-2002 when it should had been $1.60 at least. At present It has lost its forgotten status.The recent price surge from $1.40 - $2.18 and back to $2.03 is demand driven. What factor (or factors) is causing the demand?

Factor 1 ...Investors waking up to a hugely undervalued stock in short supply.
Factor 2....Bonus issue of the warrants.
Factor 3....Selling its pet poodle, Sterling Portfolio Management Ltd to Spices (a wholly owned subsidiary of AXA).

I have a feeling Factor 3 is not a key driver in this momentum, BUT, it will have the biggest impact fundamentally as Sterling sucked about $2M/annum. I will therefore estimated that the 1/2 year result for DPC expected to be released in mid Nov 2003 will be $1.7m + the extra saving from sterling of $1m = $2.6m ( 2002 ..$1.462m) an increase of 78%.

 DPC management usually has a 40% dividend payout  policy. So, with status quo, I estimate, $2.6M /20M shares X 40% = Dividend of 5.2cents (2002..3.6cents).

Therefore, on my estimated 10cents per year dividend payout on a growth share... $3 a share is not beyond belief, and this is after Nov 2003, less alone at Sept 2005 or Sept 2006.

DPC has had a remarkable growth period during the last 6 years within the financial sector, and with the possible extra money it will receive with the warrant conversion ( $17millon),with great management, the future for DPC is looking very rosy.

Bugger....  $2.4m not $2.6m profit
Bugger....  50% not 78% profit increase
Bugger....  4.3cps not 5.2cps
Bugger....  Shareprice $2.13 not $3.00

OK  I can live with a 50% profit increase
OK .. since the 23 Sept 2003 article when DPC was worth $2.03 pre-warrants.(widely recognized then that one had missed the boat).
       ...if you bought 10000 for $2.03 spending $20300
         .you would have 10000 @ $2.13 = $21300  plus
        ..2500  DPCWA @ $0.74 = $ 1850   plus
        ..2500  DPCWB @ $0.80 = $ 2000
                Total   $ 25150
MMMmmmmmm 24% on your dough for 2months ...can't ask for much better when one had missed the boat.

However a crystal ball or a time machine would've be nice, as this archive post from April 2001( see below).

If you had bought then to now .
10000 @ $1.04 = $10400
now worth $25150

From: "Malcolm Cameron" <malharcameron@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 19:20:25 +1000

Richard as far as i know they dont mention a quantity just a tradeable
parcel which above $1 if my memory is correct is 100
malcolm

>From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
>To: <sharechat@sharechat.co.nz>
>Subject: Re: [sharechat] DPC Rocket
>Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 18:46:23 +1200
>
>  Hi Malcolm
>
>That seems to make sense ....how many shares are needed to gain the extra
>1/2% on deposit with DPC
>Hoop

Disc
I bought 17000 @  $0.66( 4 years ago)  plus I bought a heap more at $1.04 when no body believed that the NZ stockmarket would ever rise again ...invest overseas!!!!...invest overseas.!!!!.. was the catch cry back then....remember those days.

Champagne anyone???
oop

PS.. don't look up my other archives, some are embarrassing, in hindsight

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Dual Listed Companies Richard Hooper