Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2003

[sharechat] lazy haggises gold mine by macdunk.

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:26:52 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)

You might be right with your gold predictions but after the gold rush ends there will be as many people losing money as there Is making money.  The reason Is simple gold Is or has the same properties as lead, and because It Is a nice yellow colour and hard to come, by Is sought after by the greedies who like to hoard It.     Because the Americans will surely bankrupt themselves, and china will take number one spot one day whether we like It or not,does not necessarily mean they will buy gold as a hedge.    What happens If they buy other currencies that Increase In value against there own.
To me that Is a better option than buying something as useless or stupid as gold.       In poor countries people buy gold and wear It down the street because when things turn nasty they can run down the road wearing there bank account.                 That Is the reason I would never Invest on the American market They are down trending fast and you might be right In the fact that they might well run down the road wearing the bank account.      I agree with your fair share Investment site that Aus mining companies are worth watching because of the rise of China, but any web site that predicted RBD as a buy In oct 2003 at $1.35 has a lot to learn about the real world.   Its only my point of view lazy haggis time will tell who Is right and wrong.
      cheers macdunk
ps at least you are consistent lazy haggis nice to see you return.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] Gold Glistens in the Dark Clouds Rodney Paterson