Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2003

Re: [sharechat] Steel & Tube special div |Congraulations Snoopy

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 23:09:47 +1300

Hi Marilyn,

> Snoopy congratulations. You have been a cheer leader and fan of this
> stock for a while. I suggest that you spend the div on something
> frivolous and bask in some smugness for a while.

Yes, it's true I have been a STU fan for a while.   However, I don't hold
the share (directly - I hold OST , the Oz parent of STU).    And IIRC I
suggested that the STU special dividend of last year would not be
repeated.   Looks like I was wrong!

I haven't studied the STU result closely, but it sounds like they are
paying all their earnings out as dividends again.   Hoiw long can the
party go on?   It's hard to say but I get the feeling STU *must* be
getting near the top of its trading range by now.     Still, I thought that
last year.

SNOOPY

discl: No STU held :-(

--