Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2003

Re: [sharechat] LPC Revised Outlook

From: "Cristine Kerr" <criskerr@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:06:34 +1000

Excellent Snoopy. Also liked your ''quality' and 'value' response.

I would add .. executive salaries and benefits should not be excessive given company results. What is excessive?

Quality & Value: Company doing well, shareholders doing well - company has long-term plans and strategies and is achieving revenue and profit objectives - satisfied customers, satisfied staff, satisfied product/service providers - executives earn big salary or bonus based on meeting performance objectives.

Company not doing well, shareholders not doing well - likely to be no clear long-term plans and strategies for sustainable growth, not achieving revenue and profit objectives, probably practising knee-jerk cost-cutting (lay off staff = divest intellectual capital), unsatisfied customers, unsatisfied employees, unsatisfied product/service providers. If executives are still earning the big dollars in this scenario I don't find it an attractive proposition.

Pressure to produce big results and big profits quickly can equate to pressure to shelve long-term sustainable growth in favour of short-term unsustainable growth.

Lots of overnight success stories out there. How many are still around?

Regards,
Cris