Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2003

Re: [sharechat] TA Rules Reply Snoopy

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 01:08:05 +1300

Hi Woody,

> As I trade Options I do not use Stops at all. I  use Combinations of
> Strategies. Debit Spreads, Butterflies, Condors etc.

That is interesting.  I tend to think of options as something issued by a
company to reward senior managers.  However, this is not what you
are talking about is it?

I think you are talking about put and call options, for which NZ
investors have had very limited choices up until now.   However, NZX
CEO Mark Weldon wants to change this and introduce more of this
type of thing.

I know that investors can use 'put options' to lock in profits from a
share that they expect to keep rising in price.   Such a startegy will
protect your profits should the share price fall, but also limit your
upside should the shar eprice go higher.   Ideally you would buy your
'put option' at a share price resistance level.   Is this the kind of thing
you are doing about Woody?

> I do know All aspects of FA trading. I studied at the Australian
> Securities Institute: Financial Analysis and Valuation Financial
> Markets and Economics Securities Industries Law and Ethics

Ah, so you were holding out on us!  You know rather more than you
have let on up to now!

> I have read every Book Written By Warren Buffet

That would be easy, as he hasn't written any himself.....

>and every report from Charlie Munger.

You mean you have read the Berkshire Hathaway reports.....

>I have read the Zulu Principle My sister is a
> Fundamental Stock Trader and uses Stock Doctor.

When are you going to get her to sign up to the forum ;-)?

SNOOPY

--
Message sent by Snoopy
on Pegasus Mail version 4.02