Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2003

Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] Portfolio Theory

From: Matt & Vanessa <vibez@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:27:16 +1200

Yeah, fair call Allan - I wasn't clued up enough on the dividend.  Just call it "IPO envy"

!!

smasha

FRE was not the risk it seemed, have still got them. If it all turned to
custard they have a healthy div and that is a safety net of sorts , I look
for a safety net in all investments made.
Being a lower priced share when it goes up 3 cents as it did today it really
boosts the value to take advantage of this you need a lot of shares.
Allan.

>From: Matt & Vanessa <vibez@paradise.net.nz>
>To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
>Subject: Re: Re: [sharechat] Portfolio Theory
>Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:23:05 +1200
>
>Mate, you've got 29 large in Freightways?  It scares me to think about
>chunks that sizeable in just one investment.  However looks like they
>haven't let you down today.  Stag it while you've got a chance!!  There
>should be some nice loose change to redeploy.
>
>It surprises me that they've managed to get so much for the business -
>surely freight & courier margins can't be that great....?
>
>smasha
>

>The basic concept I use is "buy any thing that looks like it will increase
>in value'' and sell it when it does.
>I buy in $29000.00 blocks to get the brokerage under $30.00, if the shares
>lose $1000.00 sell if they make more than $1000.00, it means the brokerage
>goes to $90.00, so I buy $20000.00 more split them wait and sell.
>At present I am takeing a risk, its called lack of diversifacation, and
>have
>all my eggs in one basket FRE that will float at midday. I actually
>expected
>my application to be scaled back, but it wasn't.
>By mid afternoon I will be either happy or sad.
>I hope this helps, I have made 12.9% since mid june. I have made many
>mistakes if I were to look back but the whole game is about anticipation
>and
>looking fowared.
>Allan.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Allan - Position Size/ traders Ruin Morgy 40