Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2003

[sharechat] SG2003: One Quarter To Go

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 17:47:58 +1200

I have a busy week next week, and I am not sure if I will be able to
report of competition progress on September 30th.   So I have decided
to sum things up a couple of days early.

Brokers Forsyth Barr have a very comfortable lead with even their
worst performing share, AIA, up more than 25% since the competition
began.   When you add the other winners they have selected, and
these are:  FBU +26.53%, WAM +28.74%, FPA +50.75% and  HLB
+56.88%, it is not hard to see why their overall portfolio has grown a
massive 37.7% so far this year.  That return is double that of the next
best broker, JB Were.

If anyone can real them in it looks like it will be sharechat's own
"Nigelb".  With both SKY +34.67% and INL +44.12%, Nigel's portfolio
has obviously benefited from the corporate activity surrounding those
two shares.   CEN +23.33%, DPC +40.03% and GPG +23.55% round
out an entirely different but very well performed second place portfolio
(so far) at +33.1%.  The next best performed individual, Johna, is now
6 percentage return points behind Nigelb.

Best individual shares in the competition this year are:

Cadmus Technology +75%
Hellaby +57%
Fisher and Paykel Appliances +51%
Turners Auctions +50%
INL +44%
Dorchester Pacific +40%
Sky TV  +35%
Taylors +33%
Utilico +33%
Wrightson +32%

...and I only have one of them  :-(  !

Never mind.  With the strong performance of INL SKY and FPA, those
of us who don't have any of these shares are going to struggle to
match the performance of the index this year.   Certainly the Fairfax
INL, SKY corporate activity could not have been predicted to boost the
share price of those two New Zealand shares as much as it did.    So
sharechatters (including me) who don't beat the index returns will be
let off this year ;-)

To end on a positive note, it looks like two thirds of the sharechatters
are now in the black for the year to date.   A significant improvement
on the end of August.

SNOOPY

--
Message sent by Snoopy
on Pegasus Mail version 4.02

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Re: TA/FA Moira fntradingsolutions