Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2003

[sharechat] Snoopy : RBD

From: "Morgy 40" <morgy40@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:51:20 +1200

Snoopy

My apologies for taking a day or 2 to reply, I have been away.
Anyway, my point is a simple one. As you say you bought in earlier than 2 years ago which on average would have given you an entry price around the 1.25 you are talking about as support, maybe if you where lucky a little less, I doubt if you were in  earlier than '99 as there were little in the way of financial history for you to analyse. So if you average entry price was 1.25 and you have purchased on the way up as you say then what is your averaged cost per share now over your holding ?.
Even if it is at $1.25  or even $1 surely this means as per my posts of earlier this week you have left a huge amount of money on the table only to be back roughly where you where, no wonder you think 12%  PA is good.

This is the guts of the TA / FA debate, not what is a better method but how everyone can inprove their investing skills, so if you would kindly advise purchase dates and No shares bought plus the record date for dividends and dividends earned over this period of time then we can have a true accounting.

Please dont say that the current value is irrevelant because you are holding the stock and it could be worth double in the future because I could easily post the ENRON chart which clearly states that not all stocks rebound to past performances.

A worthwhile and interesting case study I think you will agree , particularly as I do not know the outcome until you post the numbers. I am sure you will not fiddle the numbers.

Regards

Morgy

With Xtra Jetstream - you can surf the net and talk on the phone! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- To remove yourself from this list, please use the form at http://www.sharechat.co.nz/chat/forum/