Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2003

[sharechat] Results and share reaction by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 15:30:56 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

I have had an Interesting couple of weeks writing down my company result predictions and share price reaction to the result.
Nearly all my results were correct, but nearly all my share price reaction was wrong.     It looks like In some Instances a reduced profit means a rise In share price, and In others an Increased profit results In a drop.
I am Inclined to think there must be some large Investors getting out on the back of a good result.
I know there are all sorts of reasons why this Is happening, but to pick It so wrong so often with the share price Is a worry.
               cheers macdunk

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] GPG & Technical Analysis Mark Hubbard