Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2003

[sharechat] WRI and POA by macdunk

From: "Duncan MacGregor" <d-m_macgregor@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:06:44 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

I sold Wri at$1.30 last Sept watched them drop In price and against all my expectations rise back to an all time high today.
What I find hard to figure out after a 13pc drop In profit which was expected and the next 12 months prospects not any better the share price Is going up.      It must be the high dividend that Is the attraction not the short term prospect.    I set my sights higher than an above average dividend to keep me happy If I am to stay on a 20pc pa target.      poa one of my better performers I bought more In at $6.25 last Sept with the sell price at $8 If they reached that target In one year.   I almost sold them before when they reached $7.99 then dropped.          Now that they have reached the magic figure today I changed my mind and will place a 5pc stop loss on them.   pwc Is paying 16c a share dividend pa with better short term prospects than wrI but I am slightly over weighted with them even although they are trending along nicely.     Has anyone any Ideas on what Is likely to start up trending? I am running out of companies.    Incidentally thank you share chat for removing that scam of message boards It Is nice to know that the forum Is a place for the exchange of view points regardless of people trying to sneak In and exploit the system.      Having said that I don't want you to censor any posts that try and Insult me It would spoil my fun.
A special thank you to GERRY for the work you put In with the medical Spec companies very Interesting even although I don't follow It up I am taking It In.
  Builders love wet days                 CHEERS MACDUNK