Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2003

[sharechat] Tourism Holdings

From: "Maria Smith" <smith@ps.gen.nz>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 18:01:05 +1200

FA v TA

A little while ago I was considering selling my holding in THL as visitor
numbers to Australia were down and I considered their Australian assets
would be a drain on their final result.

The share price kept on edging up and my TA knowledge (very limited) was
saying to hold. It was then announced that a 10%? ( I think) holding had
been taken by a prominent family and I thought they would have better
knowledge than me, so I held onto the shares. Since then the price has
continued to edge up further and with the recent profit forecast
announcement the price did a big jump.

It seems to me that with the price hovering around 90c to $1.05 for some
time someone in the know has been chasing the shares and pushing the price
up. Had I sold out when I first considered it using my FA knowledge (again
limited) I would have sold for considerably less than I can get today.

Obviously there has not been any insider trading as this is illegal and our
beloved watchdog committee would have taken strong action and prosecuted any
criminal action to its full extent.

Still it makes you wonder what drove the share price up over the last little
while.

Greg Smith

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] dtl Phyllis Bergquist