Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2003

[sharechat] Introduction

From: Dean Phibbs <fibz@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:36:01 +1200

Hi All

I'm a newbie to sharechat, and wow I seem to have jumped in while WW III
is raging!  Are you guys always this friendly?  Still there is nothing
like a healthy debate to stimulate interest and highlight the strengths
and weaknesses of any arguement.

 The debate between technical analysis and fundamental analysis is an
ongoing one no matter where you go it seems. My perspective on this is
that they are both useful for share analysis and monitoring.  Whether
one  is more useful than the other may be a bit like saying that you are
better winning a rugby test match by scoring tries and not kicking
goals.  If either/or gets you results what does it matter.

I must admit that I am a great fan of the teachings of the practical
investors such as Buffett, Fisher and Lynch - these guys have helped me
a lot with regards to sensible share investing.  Having said that I am
interested in the benefits of TA and can see its worth in avioding
shares in long term downtrends and when shares are weakening.  I hope to
be able to learn a bit from this group in that respect, as well as from
time to time advancing my own humble contribution.

Happy and profitable investing
Dean

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Introduction Phaedrus