Re: [sharechat] Genesis reply to snoopy

From: Robin Benson <rob@hammerheadmedia.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:55:45 +0100

Iceland powers up
May 15th 2003, REYKJAVIK
"You can now buy hydrogen from a garage in Iceland"
http://www.economist.com/science/displayStory.cfm?story_id=1780848

[subscription only]

For non-Economist subscribers ... this article describes the first
hydrogen-pumping meter available to the public, in  a service station
just outside Reykjavik, Iceland.

"It is designed for vehicles that are powered by fuel cells, which
react hydrogen with oxygen from the atmosphere to produce electricity."

The article notes that there are no customers yet, but the Icelandic
bus fleet will start using the technology, and there's an expectation
that private users will begin to use it also.

Robin