Re: [sharechat] Genesis reply to snoopy

From: "Dave Missen" <d.tackle@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 19:39:34 +1200

Consider the price of a small bottle of water from the service station here
in Godzone - well over the price of twice the quantity of gas.

Re converting animal waste to energy - very sound theory, takes care of
unemployment also with troops of pooper scoopers following around behind the
animals - cost of energy definitely a factor, especially under the current
employment legislation.

My guess is that Jim is just trying to bypass the animals by developing high
energy plant material to power the nation, easier to harvest but about 20x
the volume required for the same energy content.

Economically it is probably best that we stick with wind, rain and fire
(solar style), we already know this technology.  Can use coal and oil fired
stations to meet shortfalls but need to ensure maintenance is planned so
that if long range forecast says no water for hydro, the carbon based
alternatives are actually ready to go.

The real problem faced at present stems from a lack of prudent reinvestment
in the resource base and infrastructure, bit like TransRail isn't it?

Dave