[sharechat] TRH - shipwrecked by the laughter of the market

From: Marilyn Munroe <who.c@res.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 00:32:20 +1200

In a recent series of posts I have pontificated on the prospects of Transrail
and mocked those who have put their money on the tracks.

My record as a TRH commentator has reminded me of a quotation from Albert
Einstein;

'Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and
knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods.'

I have let my conviction that TRH was a poorly performing company blind me to
its possibilities as a speculative investment.

When I criticized the Govt Super Fund's plunge into TRH I was wrong. They will
make a handsome profit if they sell now.

When I critisized analysts comments that TRH was worth more I was wrong.

I used the example of Railtrack in the U K to suggest that shareholders in TRH
would not be baled out by the Govt. Railtracks shareholders were bailed out
by the U K Govt. Wrong again.

Albert's quotation should be reworded as follows;

'Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and
knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the market.'

Boop-boop-de-do Marilyn