Re: [sharechat] Tranz Rail

From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:11:41 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

-------Original Message-------

Date: Thursday, May 15, 2003 22:25:24
Subject: [sharechat] Tranz Rail

Well I took a punt on this dog last week to bring down my average cost per share thinking that someone would save the company - that maybe even Dr Cullen might find a use for some of the billions of extra tax he has needlessly plundered from us.

Now that some kind of white knight has arrived - should I sell now at 77/78 cents or could there be more knights in the wings?
It seems that Snoopy's strategy of wait and see is the better option. There is no need to panic.
As long as the offer is on the table, the shareprice has a floor of around 73c ( 75c less commission for the spec investor). As it is trading above this floor price, the market assumes that this offer may have to be raised. Analysts are now saying that the offer is too low,they seem to think the companies assts are worth $1.95 !!!!   Reason why it is trading so low ?  Their opinion ? ..."Due to high financial risk  there was a discount on the previous shareprice.".... (one hell of a discount !!!).
There is an article on stuff this morning which may help clear the muddy waters.

Cheers
oop
didn't take McDunks spec either .....own NO  TRH shares