Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2003

Re: [sharechat] Short Selling

From: "Michael McGregor" <mikemcgregor@nzoomail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:56:03 nzst

>I am interested in short selling stocks listed on the ASX.
>
>Phaedrus has pointed out that it far more difficult to short sell on the ASX

>than on US markets but I would like to stick to the ASX at this stage.  Does

>anyone have experience of short selling on the ASX? Which broker do you use

>etc?
>
>I have discovered that omfinancial (http://www.omf.co.nz) offer trading in

>CFDs (Contracts For Difference) which are a leveraged derivative based
>around share prices.  It is very easy to short sell these and while they
>don't have ASX trading avaliable yet they will in a month or so.  Has any

>one used omfinancial before? Do people have any feedback on CFDs?
>
>I would appreciate your comments.
>
>T100.

>To remove yourself from this list, please use the form at
>http://www.sharechat.co.nz/chat/forum/
>

>T100,
          Phaedrus is right, short selling is huge industry in the US and there
would be far more on-
line information available to help you. They have by far the best infrastructure
for that type of
trading. As far as Australia is concerned, I haven't seen or heard much about
short selling.

Cheers

Mike M

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Daily ShareChat News Summary The ShareChat Team