Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2003

Re: [sharechat] EVA

From: prhughes@value.net.nz
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:29:18 +1200

Hi Snoopy

Yes, all the info is from the book. As far as targets go, could
perhaps this have been an internal goal? I don't know. OK, I was
baiting you a little, as 15% seems to be your magic number.
As a matter of fact why not get the book from the library and read
it. She claims to be a value investor, and at the end does an
analysis of WHS for year 1999/2000. True may be old hat for you,
but if appropriate could be helpful to beginners.
I notice that POT has come alive, but have doubts that the figures
actually relate to POT?  All the Ports,AIA  etc are natural
monopolies, in NZ.
EVA in my view is another of these catch phrases which have
caught on. adding value is not a new concept.
As a matter of interest could the person who did the evaluation on
WHS perhaps post his whole evaluation on the other channel?