Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2003

[sharechat] Cheapest US broker?

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 18:52:25 -0800 (PST)

Brent,
      In spite of the Subject, I do not believe that is what you want. For
example, it is possible to to buy and sell shares in the US free of any
brokerage (don't ask).
 Brown and Co are good, but they may not suit you - they have several entry
criteria, including a US$15,000 minimum initial account deposit.
 I spent a lot of time comparing US online brokers, finally settling on
Ameritrade. I can recommend them - their online facilities are second to none.
$11/trade, market or limit, short or long. 10 second executions.
http://www.ameritrade.com/
       Regards,
                Phaedrus.