Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2003

[sharechat] WRI

From: "mvanv" <mvanv@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:19:12 +1300

With the N.Z. dollar  rising and in my view set to continue rising I   imagine farmers will be
concentrating on one thing;  making the mortage payments. Worse than average spring
production will be insignificant compared to the rising dollar in the minds of farmers.
They will be battening down the hatches and going into survival mode after having bought
their new tractors and utes last year.

Another thing which has not yet been mentioned in the WRI  debateis the fact that final
tax from last years bumper incomes will be due  THIS year providing yet another reason
for farmers to cut back spending.

WRI currently trading around $ 1.20 in my veiw provides an excellent opportunity to sell

Mike