Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2002

[sharechat] Can anyone tell me why

From: "kentfamily" <kentfamily@actrix.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:18:56 +1300

As quoted

Anybody out there can tell me why some shares are trading far below their
book value? For example, FFS has a value around 40c, but is trading at 21c.

fishy

For a start FFS haven't paid a dividend for as long as I can remember.

FFS have additionally made capital calls on shareholders in the last year or so.

FFS could have their returns impaired by the sale of a major forest they manage.

In essence, shareprice is determined more by the expected returns to shareholders than by the underlying asset value.

Hope that is of some help.

Gregory

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] MegaShare Recommendations - A load of ... John