Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2002

Re: [sharechat] Gold

From: "Gregory Easton" <Gregory.Easton@nzmp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:49:00 +1300

Gold is actually of very high value outside the jewellery business. It is one
reason your dentist bills are so high and is also a key ingredient in your
computer components

>>> prhughes@value.net.nz 11/12/02 11:41a.m. >>>
Snoopy

Seems to me that your mate and you love to rib each other a liitle,
nothing wrong with that, makes life interesting!

My understanding of gold is that it is of little use except for
wedding formalities and making of trinkets. But it seems that some
people are of the view that the value of the US dollar will decline, so
the price of gold will go up. That may happen.

Over the last six months I have been studying charting, and from
that this is how I read Lihir Gold(LHG).

4 June 02  A$1.61  High
29 July 02  A$1.02  Low
Target rise   A$1.37
20 Sep 02  A$1.35  High
25 Oct 02  A$1.07  Low Support at A$1.06
Target rise  A$1.31
11 Nov 02  A$1.21    Still trending up

Let's see if I have learnt anything. Time will tell.

Personally I prefer value investing, but cannot find any NZ stocks
that qualify at present. Like you comment, patience is needed.

Bill

No gold stocks held.

This message has been sent from NZMP Limited, part of Fonterra Co-operative
Group Limited ("Fonterra").

Caution: this message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.
You may be liable for any disclosure, copying, use or retention by you of the
information in this message which is not expressly authorised by Fonterra. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return email
and delete this message and any attachments from your system.

Statements and information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of Fonterra are not given or endorsed by it.