Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2002

Re: [sharechat] A stocktake on STU

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:53:14 +0000

Gregory wrote:

>I agree the shareprice has in fact doubled in the last two years
>maybe those resources could be better used to support the shareprice
>in the future and certainly give better value to holding
>shareholders.

The share has risen that much?   Probably another sign that now is a
good time to reduce any overweight position of Steel and Tube that
may have developed in your portfolio!

If I held STU, I don't think I would sell out completely though.  In
terms of honing the business into its current form, my opinion is
that current management has done a fine job.  I just hope that
management don't get any more of those grandiose visions that have
proved so costly to STU shareholders in the past.

Reference was made in the buyback announcement to an acquisition that
they wanted to make that was no longer available to the group.  You
obviously follow Steel and Tube Gregory, so any idea what that was?

SNOOPY

>PS How do I access the Focus Investment Group?

Look for the link to the 'Message boards' on the sharechat front
page in the left hand side menu bar.  It is under the 'community'
section.

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55