Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2002

Re: [sharechat] STUDY STOCK - LHG

From: "Harold J Skinner" <Petzl@spamcop.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 17:47:02 +1000

>Do people aside from Harold really think that spending money on any of the
3
>above is valuable? I look over what they have to offer and am not sure if
>this would be of real value to me.

>Any suggestions are appreciated and welcomed.

Most of what is written by these analysts is available *free* in easy to
read formats by "signing up" at most Australian Major banks like
https://www.quicktrade.com.au/index.html
http://www.comsec.com.au

plus a number of others

There are other sites also  that notify you of ASX alerts (free) but a bit
buggy
http://www.flq.com.au/home.cfm

a good idea is to use the asx site and create a watch list there

Learn how to read charts T/A is not hard basically its
"Take the distance from the last high to the last reaction low and add to
the last high.
i.e. however much is the last retracement is the amount it will travel in
the next wave of the trend."

Then form your own "style" and graphist tactics

If the fundamentals are true (not deceit) the should *both* indicate a buy.

The T/A of shares only works because insider trading is rampant. Truthful
fundamentals override T/A (if you are sure the facts you are given are
accurate)

********************
I see LHG tied very much linked to gold price. medium risky being in New
Guinea as well as a 70% hedge. You need to find out what it costs for them
to produce one once of gold and what they are selling it for  (I do not see
much upside unless gold goes up, which it looks like it might)

For me HIG are a better bet @ 36 cents or better for a New Guinea gold
stock!
Again do not get carried away
(The power was cut by some tribe there a short while ago so the politics in
this area are not stable)
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/CompanyInfoSearchResults.jsp?searchBy=asx
Code&allinfo=on&asxCode=HIG&companyName=&principalActivity=&industryGroup=XX
XX