Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2002

[sharechat] Monday

From: "Nick McCaw" <nick.mccaw@golearn.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 10:48:41 -0700

Greetings all,

Things look a little messy in the US for the week(s) ahead. It seems that there are some short term opportunities in the gold stocks again. The likes of LHG have consolidated and look set to move up again.

Waiting for LHG to trade above $1.25 would be a good move before considering an entry. You could use the same level as your stop loss after buying. Not a long term option as these guys have some long term production obstacles.

Another one to watch is PEM, these guys have recently acquired a silver-zinc-lead property that will immediately produce. I think the market is slowly reconsidering the future of this company in light of its new direction.

As you can tell, my focus has been learning about mining and mining companies lately. I can confirm that mining is possibly the worst business on earth to be in, and mining stocks are not good long term investments. They are however, very cyclical and reasonably predictable. Superb vehicles for speculation and short term profits.

The quality of posting has exceeded the quantity lately. Has this been because no one is interested, or does everyone have their head firmly in the sand. Would anyone be interested in the formation of a “STUDY STOCK” section of this site. I am sure that GO Learn Shares and ShareChat could make this happen. Perhaps we could choose a few stocks to update each day. Focus on achievable strategies and encourage some more education.

What would everybody like to learn more about?

Regards

Nick McCaw