Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2002

Re: [sharechat] FFS - CNIFP vote

From: "tennyson@caverock.net.nz" <tennyson@caverock.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 00:07:49 +0000

Hi Viewpoint,

>Probably the institutions didn't bother vote.
>
>Or maybe a passive index tracking fund manager
>means just that.

Interesting observation.   Frankly I'd be surprised if the passive
fund managers have the staff to bother to take an interest in the
voting.  My vision of the passive fund manager is some guy pulling
out his newspaper at the end of the week and copying the shareprices
into his spreadsheet.  The spreadsheet tells him how far  wide of the
index he is and hence which shares need to be bought or sold.

Can anyone fill us in on what really happens with these 'passive fund
managers'?

SNOOPY

Message sent by Snoopy
e-mail  tennyson@caverock.net.nz
on Pegasus Mail version 2.55
"You can tell me I'm wrong twice,
but that still only makes me wrong once."