Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2002

[sharechat] re: Where have all the fullas gone

From: John Rhein <rheineck1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:54:56 -0700 (PDT)

Well, lets look at some facts about sharechat shall
we?
Visible in the sharechat archives for Friday and today
up to but not including this posting, are a total of
28 posts. Let us discount the daily sharechat news
update and the iguana2 press release, so that leaves
26 postings.

10 of those 26 postings have carried this subject
line. Of those 10 postings, 2 have actually included
some "sharechat", so lets say that 8 of the 26
postings to this channel have been a groupthink
discussion about "the other channel".

So, roughly 30% of your "*quality* not quantity"
discussion has revolved around discussing the other
channel (within the time frame I specified above).
Rather ironic really in some respects. Hmmmm?

Of the other 18 postings here, the main 2 threads have
been platinum and CAH, with a minor thread on
Fonterra.

So whats been happening on "the other channel" within
the same period?

-A rather active discussion about DFM listing on the
USM market.

-Continuation of an interesting thread about current
confidence levels in the US market

-Continued discussion about RBD, something close to
many sharechat hearts

-Continuation of an interactive sharetrading game run
by one of the members

-A discussion of WDT and its new contracts.

-Some humour ('Arthur Andersen Appreciation Night')

just to name a few.

Too many posts for me to count. All nicely divided
into threads that you can look at - or ignore.
Undoubtedly, some rubbish exists. Posters who
blatantly attempt to ramp shares *are* made visible by
others. "Some" of the humour is not particularly
funny, and the occasional idiot is simply offensive.

Well OK, walk down the road and you'll be able to
observe the same behaviour - but statistically it is
the minority of people who behave this way. Of course,
the more people you meet, the more likely you are to
observe this behaviour - and perhaps that is also an
indication that "the other channel" is a little bit
busier than this one? Hmmmmm. And also I guess because
it is not directly moderated.

Moral of story: don't judge too quickly sharechatters,
gems of information exist on *both* channels.

Regards
John Rhein.

(PS - I don't propose to post against this thread
again -  so while I will continue to read, please
don't expect me to reply. I imagine Ben Dutton will
want the thread to return to sharechat anyway :-)